Search This Blog

I played one of my best T-20 innings: Sehwag

ANI, Hyderabad, May 6: Delhi Daredevils skipper Virender Sehwag, who played one of his best T-20 innings against Deccan Chargers, said that scoring his first hundred in this format of the game is very special to him.

Sehwag made a blistering 119 runs off just 59 balls. Delhi Daredevils won the match by four wickets at the Rajiv Gandhi stadium in Hyderabad on Thursday (May 05).

"It was one of the best innings I had played in T-20s because I had never got a hundred and people were talking that I should get a hundred in T-20 because the game belongs to me, the way I bat. For about six overs things didn't go our way.

"We lost three wickets and stood at 29 runs for the first six overs. I thought they don't have a fifth bowler. So if I could target the fourth and fifth bowler then the target could be achievable. When I hit 22 runs in Ishan Malhotra's over, I thought now I had got the momentum," said Sehwag.

Kumara Sangakkara, captain of the loosing Deccan Chargers team, said that they could not capitalize on the opportunities that came their way.

"We batted excellently today. Bowled the first six overs magnificently. And when the opportunities came our way to put pressure on Delhi, we couldn't. Veeru (Sehwag) was the only chance they had to try and win the game.

"We created the two opportunities by bowling really well. When you .. a batsman of his class on a wicket like this (he) will make you pay. And he batted excellently after that," he said.