Search This Blog

Drug addict confesses to killing father

A young drug addict who had strangled his father, a businessman, with the help of his two cohorts and buried the body in a hardware shop in the Old Town of Dhaka on the night of September 29, was brought to Dhaka on Saturday.

During interrogation in police custody, the accused, Zahid Hossain Sunny, confessed to killing his father Dulal Miah, sub-inspector Monir Hossain Molla of Sutrapur police station told New Age.

The police said Sunny had killed his father with the help of his two friends, Al-Amin and Mohammad Sharif, both of them

employees at Dulal's

hardware shop, after his father refused to give him money.

In his statement, Sunny said he used to take drugs like Yaba and Phensidyl regularly. He said the amount his father used to give him as daily pocket money was not enough to buy drugs. 'When I asked my father to increase the amount of my daily pocket money, he questioned how I spent the money,' Sunny told the police.

Sunny said he had decided to kill his father after being instigated by Al Amin. who

'Al Amin told me that I would own the property if I kill my father,' Sunny said.

SI Monir Molla said that Sunny had strangled his father under the influence of drugs.

'It was past midnight when my father along with me and the two employees was working inside the shop. As planned, I pushed my father down on the ground with the help of Al-Amin and Sharif, tied up his hands and legs and then strangled him,' Sunny said.

The three persons then buried body inside the shop.

He said that he had paid Tk 5,000 and Tk 3,000 to Al-Amin and Sharif for helping him to kill his father.

Dulal was buried at his village home in Tangail on Saturday morning. 

Dulal's widow Monwara Begum on Saturday filed a murder case against her son and his two friends.

The police said that

they had conducted drives to arrest Al-Amin and

Sharif.

The police Friday evening recovered Dulal's decomposed body from his shop on Nawabpur Road in the Old Town of Dhaka six days after the murder.

The police arrested Sunny from Nagarpur in

Tangail.